Last Updated: 1st April 2017
Among User Information, “Private Information” means private information as provided in the Private Information Protection Law (i.e. (i) information relating existing person which can identify a specific person by its name, birthday, or other information included in such information (including the information which can identify a specific person by matching with other information easily) or (ii) information which contains personal identification codes).
Among User Information, “User-Related Information” means information other than Private Information.
1. Collection of User Information
(1) Collection of Private Information
We collect Private Information, for example, when you provide us with your information including your name, birthday, email address as your identification information to start using the Website; this also includes information collected when we communicate with you in response to an inquiry you have sent us and when you answer our questionnaires. The Private Information we collect is limited to information which is necessary to the use of this Website or communication with you.
(2) Collection of User-RelatedInformation
We collect User-Related Information when you use the Website or when we communicate with youand when you answer our questionnaires. Specifically, when you are using or accessing the Website, we automatically collect the following User-Related Information:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of our Website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system, and version.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information (including the information about your choice of the pictures on our Website), and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory. Using these technologies helps us to improve our services and your experience. Collected information may be used to see which areas and features of our services are popular, and it may be used to track count visits by using software which can analyze access information.
• Information Collected by Other Source: To improve our service or Website, we may use the information collected from other source (for example, a thirdparty service whose application you have authorized or used to sign in).
2. Use ofUser Information
We use information about you for various purposes below. In any case, a customer has a choice to provide us with his/her personal information or not, and the customer is kindly requested to recognize and acknowledge that the customer may not be provided a product or service of ours, unless the customer provides us with relevant particulars of personal data which are indispensable for our service requested by the customer.
• Communicate with the customer (including the purpose for sending travel information to an e-mail addressprovided by customers);
• Arrange and receive travel service provided by transportation facilities and/or accommodation facilities and provision of insurance services;
• Make marketing analysis for development of better products or services in the future;
• Deliver information of products or service of ours and our other associated companies to customers;
• Request customers for comments or opinions after the travel;
• Provide benefit service to customers;
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Website;
• Provide services you request and send you related information;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about news and information related to our Website;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
• Differentiateand improve our services; and
• Use for other matters pertaining or related to our business.
3. Disclosure and Transfer of Information
By accessing and using our services, you are deemed to have consented our right to:
• Disclose User Information to other parties in Japan and outside of Japan, if user authorizes us to do so when using this Website; and
• Transfer User Information to other parties in Japan and outside of Japan, if user authorizes us to do so when using applications provided by third parties such as Facebook.
4. Provision of Information
(1) Other than above, we may discloseUser Information with third parties in the following situations:
• In case we require a third party to handle personal data in part or whole to the extent necessary for a particular purpose of the use;
• With service providerswho need access to User Information;
• In case we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
• In case we believe disclosure isnecessary to protect human lives, bodies, health, property, and other important profit, but it is difficult to obtain approval from users;
• In case it is particularly necessary for enhancement of public health or promotion of sound growth of children but it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person from whom the data was obtained;
• To enforce applicable user agreements or policies in order to protect us, our users, or other third part from harm or illegal activities; and
• In connection with any merger and acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
(2) We may also disclose to third parties anonymized information and User-Related Information that does not directly identify a specific user.
5. Third Party Analytics
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
7. Disclaimer of Links
Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies by default.
9. Contact Us
If you would like to make inquiries on, disclose, delete, revise, discard or prevent the use of your personal information that is possessed by us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.We will deal with requests in compliance with relevant Japanese laws and our corporate policy within a reasonable time and inform you of the result. In case we cannot comply with requests, we will explain the reason.